CITY (4-2-3-1)CABALLERO,ZABALETA, OTAMENDI, MANGALA, CLICHY,FERNANDO, FERNANDINHO, NAVAS, DE BRUYNE, SILVA,AGUERORONDON,BERAHINO, FLETCHER, GARDNER, YACOB, SANDRO, CHESTER, EVANS, McAULEY,DAWSON, FOSTERWBA (4-2-3-1)On Wednesday, Manchester City recorded an impressive result in the Champions League, holding Paris St-Germain to a 2-2 draw in the French capital, their eyes now firmly fixed on a semi-final place.City now return to the Barclays Premier League where they sit in fourth place, a point behind third-placed Arsenal and 15 points behind leaders Leicester City.Though City have won only 10 of their 16 home games, they have scored a massive 39 goals, the most in the league.Interestingly they have drawn just once at home, again the lowest in the division. City won 4-0 at Bournemouth last Saturday, one of only two league wins in their last seven games. In that seven-game spell, they have also lost four and drawn one.West Bromwich Albion are 11th in the Premier League but goals are rare when the Baggies are on the road. Albion have scored just 11 away – only Newcastle have fewer, with nine – while the 16 conceded means their away games have produced just 17, the fewest in the Premier League.Albion drew 0-0 at Sunderland last weekend, their second stalemate in four league outings.On the opening day of the season City won 3-0 at Albion, their eighth straight Premier League win over the Baggies. Indeed, Albion last beat City in December 2008 at The Hawthorns; since then they have lost 11 and drawn one of 12 subsequent meetings.Albion last won at City in February 2003, at the old Maine Road. Since then, they have drawn two and lost on their last six visits.City are still without Vincent Kompany and Raheem Sterling while there are tests for Fabian Delph, Joe Hart and Yaya Toure. Albion, meanwhile, test James Morrison and miss Chris Brunt and Callum McManaman.
Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Team Lakay’s Gina Iniong determined to get back into ONE title contention “Coach Alex told us that this was our opportunity to correct our mistakes from the first game,” said Cruz. “It just showed here in the second game how much we’ve improved. We did not just improve individually but we were able to adjust.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra MANILA, Philippines—With Alaska playing without most of its starting five in the early part of the PBA Philippine Cup, Carl Bran Cruz picked the perfect time to put on a show.Cruz had a game-high 20 points with nine rebounds to lead the Aces to a 94-72 walloping of Columbian Wednesday at Mall of Asia Arena in a game Alaska badly needed to win. Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college LATEST STORIES View comments Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil The Aces were coming off a sorry 85-72 loss against Rain or Shine and they were obviously missing the help of Vic Manuel, JVee Casio, Simon Enciso, and Kevin Racal.“All I could think of was this was my opportunity because we didn’t have our main guys like Vic,” said Cruz in Filipino. “Simply put, this was my chance so I had to step up and just give it my all.”Cruz was dormant for all of the third quarter but turned it up a notch in the fourth, scoring 12 points with the Aces already well in the lead, 68-50, to start the period.“It’s hard playing without the main guys especially without our guards but it was our system that really brought us to the win,” said Cruz. “Whoever coach Alex [Compton] called, even though we didn’t have a star player inside the court, played within the system.”The bounce back victory, which hiked the Aces’ record to 1-1, was proof of how they learned from their mistakes from the last loss, said Cruz.ADVERTISEMENT Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption
Britain’s Prince HarryGuyana will later this year be graced with the presence of Prince Harry, British High Commissioner to Guyana, Greg Quinn has announced.According to a statement from the High Commissioner’s office on Monday Quinn confirmed that the younger of Princess Diana’s and Prince Charles’ sons will be visiting Guyana later this year.The statement said the visit would be the first by a member of the British royal family since 2004 and comes in the year of Guyana’s 50th Anniversary of Independence. It said it was, therefore, “a particularly relevant time for such a visit”.It is part of Prince Harry’s official visit to the Caribbean in late autumn, on behalf of Her Majesty, the Queen. He is also slated to visit Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.According to the High Commissioner, the visit falls on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of Independence for Barbados as well, and the 35th Anniversary of Independence for Antigua and Barbuda.Prince Harry officially visited Barbados in 2010; this will be his first official visit to all of the other countries.The visit by Prince Harry comes more than a decade after his father, Prince Charles visited Guyana. The Prince of Wales was for over a decade the Patron of the Iwokrama International Centre (IIC).
Christmas nostalgiaThere’s nothing like a Guyanese Christmas – the aroma of pepper pot and spices in the air, an abundance of black and fruit cakes (whichever you prefer), garlic pork, ginger beer, freshly baked bread, carolling, Christmas parties, decorations, presents and countless merry activities to indulge in! For 90-year-old Stella Goppy of Half Mile, Wismar, Linden, memories of Christmas continue to be etched in her mind, many decades later.Born in Mahaicony in 1927, Miss Goppy grew up in Skeldon, Berbice, moving toMiss Stella GoppyLinden in the latter years of her life. Sitting in her home a few days ago, she shared some of those happy memories with this publication – her memory ripe with enthusiasm. Chuckling heartily, Miss Goppy recalled growing up with her parents and five siblings, who all shared a love for celebrating the holidays. “Things were different back then,” she recalls, but the joy shared around Christmas still remains the same. According to Miss Goppy, the community was a big, happy family around this time of year, as friends would invite friends into their homes to share in the merry eating and drinking.“Christmas was nice! Really nice. All like if I know you as a friend, I would invite you to go at me or you would invite me to come at you. Or my mother would invite you, and we would drink ginger beer and eat black cake and all those things. When we eat and eat and we figure it’s time to go home, we go home. In younger days, we used to got to go with parents, but when we reach 15 and 16 and you’re old enough to go on your own, you could go and celebrate Christmas with your friends,” she recalled. According to Miss Goppy, friends became more like family around the holidays.“We used to live good. Now, nobody don’t invite you by them, but long time, as you live here and me live here, I inviting you. You have to spend half of the day with me and I gon come spend the balance of the half with you.” And nothing could compare to sharing those Guyanese Christmas delicacies with friends; her favourite was pepper pot and rice and cake.She recalled making pepper pot, ginger beer, and black cake and sharing with her neighbours.“The neighbour children could come at me, my children could go by them and we would laugh and gaff and drink we ginger beer. We would eat until we can’t eat no more! Next day, we cook different food again. I used to enjoy everything, but my favourite thing was eating the black cake and fruit cake,” Miss Goppy related.As a youngster, Miss Goppy said she was not allowed to assist with the decorating, but receiving presents was something to look forward to. “We used to get one and two things. We used to get dolly and the boys used to get whistles and those sort of things. When I wake up in the morning, my mother would give me my dress, shoes and the little things she know I would use for the day.”She recalled that the younger ones were tricked into believing that once they go to bed early on Christmas eve, a bird would bring the presents from Santa Claus.Christmas was incomplete without masquerade bands putting on a grand show for villagers. Miss Goppy recalls being delighted by the spectacle. “They used to dress up and thing. It used to be a set of big men dancing. They would dance and stretch their hands and people would give them a lil small piece,” she said.Miss Goppy recalls more unity back then growing up, especially around the holidays. She recalls that friends became family and there was an open invitation to everyone’s home.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! REVELATIONS that Californians received smaller Mega Millions payouts for certain jackpots than winners in other states – thanks to a quirk in state law – put a bit of a damper on the draw of the massive multistate game. Certainly 8 percent less of $100 million is still reason to celebrate, but knowing that winners in another state would get more of the jackpot does make it seem less wonderful. There’s a solution: Choose California’s lottery, SuperLotto. Both lotteries contribute to public education, and while payouts might be smaller, at least you know that you’re getting your fair share of your jackpot.
RB Leipzig chief executive Oliver Mintzlaff admits he is “bored” by constant speculation surrounding midfielder Naby Keita.The Guinea international is a target for Liverpool, who are prepared to smash their transfer record to acquire him, after just one season with the Bundesliga club and there are conflicting reports about the player’s future.Although the transfer window has only just officially opened, Mintzlaff has had enough of all the talk, even though he is powerless to prevent it.Asked by Sportbuzzer whether Leipzig were “unresponsive” to offers for Keita, Mintzlaff said: “Yes. And that topic is boring.“This is only our second Bundesliga season, our squad is still the youngest and most likely also the most inexperienced.“Sure, it would be great to start where we left off. It’s an advantage that there’s no upheaval.” Liverpool are prepared to spend big bucks to land Naby Keita this summer 1
Finn Harps Football Club have again teamed up with Donegal County Council to assist in the promotion of road safety in the county.On this occasion, Finn Harps have offered the Donegal Road Safety Working Group a free advertising hoarding in Finn Park to continue its ongoing commitment to raising the awareness of the dangers on our roads.The road safety advertising hoarding will be designed by a student from one of the county’s national schools through an open art competition. The competition was officially launched by Donegal Road Safety Officer Eamonn Brown and Finn Harps Chairman Joey O’Leary at St. Francis National School at Barnesmore. Speaking at the launch the Road Safety Officer Eamonn Brown said, “We are delighted with the continued efforts of Finn Harps Football Club to assist us promote greater awareness of the dangers on our roads. This art competition will allow a tremendous amount of road safety learning in the schools and it will be a brilliant reward for the winner to have their work displayed in Finn Park for all to see.”Welcoming the guests to St. Francis National School the Principal Elizabth Brown stated, “In St Francis N.S. we place great emphasis on Child Safety and Protection which we address through the content objectives of the Social, Personal, and Health Education (S.P.H.E.) part of the Primary School Curriculum. In this context we welcome Finn Harps and the Donegal Road Safety Working Group initiative on road safety which will address aspects of child protection.”Entries must be original and the applicant’s own work and should be on paper no larger than A3 size. Details are currently being sent to all national schools in the county and the competition has a closing date of Friday, 6th April 2012.Finn Harps Football Chairman Joey O Leary , stated, “Road safety is something we feel very strongly about and this competition offers the club an opportunity to give something back to the communities that support us. I am sure we will see some great artwork submitted and I look forward to seeing the winning design on the hoarding at Finn Park.” Also in attendance was Sergeant Iggy Larkin from An Garda Siochanna.Sgt Larkin commented, “I feel that it is vital that road safety education to taught to children from an early age and a competition such as this brings the road safety message to the fore. Well dome to all concerned.”Information on the competition can be obtained from Eamonn Brown, Donegal County Council on 074 9172 592 or John Campbell, Finn Harps on 083 3820755. The closing date for the competition is Friday, 6th April and entries should be sent through the school to: The Road Safety Art Competition, Road Design Office, Donegal County Council, Lifford, Co. Donegal. HARPS AND ROAD SAFETY GROUP COMBINE FOR STUDENT COMPETITION was last modified: March 6th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL ROAD SAFETY GROUPfinn harps
Bormann, a forward, helped Drake to a 2-0 record last week with wins over Creighton and UIC. She scored her first career goal and it was the game winner in the 1-0 road win over the Bluejays. This is the first MVC weekly award for Bormann and the first for a Drake women’s soccer student-athlete in 2017. ST. LOUIS – Freshman Hannah Bormann (Amana, Iowa) of the Drake University women’s soccer team has been tabbed the Missouri Valley Conference Women’s Soccer Newcomer of the Week, the MVC office announced Monday afternoon. Bormann and her teammates return to action Wednesday when Omaha visits for a 7 p.m. match at the Cownie Soccer Complex. Print Friendly Version Bormann is having a tremendous first season as a Bulldog. She has played in all nine matches and is tied for the team-lead in assists with two and is tied for second in points with four.
Roberto Di Matteo is still only third choice to be the next Chelsea boss, the Daily Mirror say.Many believe Di Matteo should be installed as manager.Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola and Germany’s Joachim Loew are believed to be ahead of him on owner Roman Abramovich’s wishlist despite Di Matteo guiding the Blues to the Champions League final.The Mirror also declare that Guardiola ‘has 72 hours to save Di Matteo’s job’ given that he is due to tell Barca whether he wants to stay at the Nou Camp beyond the end of the season.It is anticipated that Abramovich will look to appoint Guardiola if he leaves the Catalan giants, otherwise Di Matteo could be in wth a chance.Meanwhile, The Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail report that QPR’s Anton Ferdinand will not shake John Terry’s hand before the west London derby this weekend.The Mirror say the Chelsea skipper has no qualms about playing in Sunday’s game.This page is regularly updated. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Related Posts Tags:#Eyefluence#Google#IoT#Oculus Rift#virtual reality#VR Small Business Cybersecurity Threats and How to… Internet of Things Makes it Easier to Steal You… Follow the Puck Donal Power Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Global tech behemoth Google has quietly acquired the startup Eyefluence which tracks user eye movements in virtual reality environments.According to ZDnet, Google bought the Milpitas, CA-based firm for an undisclosed amount.Established in 2013, Eyefluence develops software that tracks eye movements for use in augmented and virtual reality applications.Google’s motives for the acquisition weren’t mentioned, but there is speculation that Eyefluence’s portfolio of virtual reality (VR) technology patents was a key draw.The buyout comes as Google nears the November launch date for its Daydream View VR headset. In particular Eyefluence’s technology could mesh well with the new headset’s capabilities that cover eye-tracking, monitoring and gesture controls.“Over the last three and a half years we have built an incredible team, advanced our eye-interaction technology, and created strong partnerships that have lead to the development of a completely new language for eye-interaction,” Eyefluence said on its blog. “With our forces combined, we will continue to advance eye-interaction technology to expand human potential and empathy on an even larger scale.”The new headset is expected to retail for an affordable $79, which is cheaper than most other alternatives on the market.Eyefluence joins a crowded marketThis will join other VR products that are currently on the market or about to be released.In the spring Oculus announced the finalized version of its Rift headset, complete with an Xbox One controller and two games for $599.As well HTC developed its Vive VR powered by Valve’s Steam VR which initially was priced at around $800. WAs well PlayStation’s VR is selling for around $399, putting it at the more affordable end of the market. However, there have been criticisms of the headset for lacking the quality of Oculus Rift.On top of the virtual reality market heating up, we also have mixed reality companies like Microsoft and Magic Leap that might explode onto the market with a new innovative headset.