Following the separation announcement, Samodanova shared a cryptic post to Instagram that read: “I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be.”Throughout their now-strained marriage, Savchenko and Samodanova both led busy lives juggling parenthood alongside their careers. In 2017, the Gleb Collection designer shared how finding balance had benefitted their relationship.“We’ve danced together for more than 10 years and we’ve been married more than 10 years, so we learn how to separate work and home,” he told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “At work, [it’s] just a business. So, I’m very demanding. I ask a lot from her, she asks a lot from me, but when we’re at home, we are just happy [a] husband and wife who love each other.”- Advertisement – Dancing With the Stars fans are already quite familiar with who Gleb Savchenko is, but they may not be as well acquainted with his longtime wife, Elena Samodanova.Savchenko, 37, and Samodanova, 36, have been married since 2006. Together, the Russia natives share daughters, Olivia, 10, and Zlata, 3.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Savchenko added, “We just enjoy each other’s company. That’s the secret, I think, and it’s been really successful so far.”Scroll through the gallery below to learn more about Samodanova. After being married for more than a decade, Us Weekly confirmed on November 6 that the couple have chosen to separate. “It is with a heavy heart that I tell you my wife and I are parting ways after 14 years of marriage,” he said in a statement to Us. “We still intend to coparent our wonderful children together who we love so dearly, and we will strive to continue to be the best parents that we can to them. We ask that you respect our family’s need for privacy and healing during this time.”The Dancing With the Stars pro also confirmed the upsetting news via Instagram, for which he shared the same statement and a photo of the now-estranged couple with their two daughters. Samodanova, for her part, addressed the breakup in her Instagram Story by noting that their “road is coming to an end.”- Advertisement –
Estimated losses from disruption of the livestock industry vary by site and are highest for Kansas, at just over $1 billion. “It is the size of the livestock industry in the affected state that serves as the main discriminator among the candidate sites in terms of economic losses,” the report states. Such a leak would be extremely unlikely, but, if it occurred, the estimated economic damage could range from $2.8 billion to $4.2 billion, depending on where the proposed lab is located, says the DHS report. The report also looks at the possible consequences of a leak of Rift Valley fever virus and Nipah virus from the various sites. The economic impact would be smallest at the site of the US Department of Agriculture’s existing Plum Island Animal Disease Center, located on a small island off Long Island in New York. Estimates are higher for potential sites located closer to livestock industry operations, including sites in Kansas and Texas. The report says diseases likely to be studied at the lab include African swine fever, classical swine fever, contagious bovine pleuropneumonia, FMD, Japanese encephalitis, and Rift Valley fever—all requiring BSL-3 containment—and Hendra and Nipah viruses, which require BSL-4. Besides Plum Island, proposed sites for the facility are Manhattan, Kan.; San Antonio, Tex.; Flora (Madison County), Miss.; Athens, Ga.; and Butner (Granville County), N.C. Construction could start in early 2010 and would take about 4 years, according to DHS. However, a decision to build has not yet been made. Jul 3, 2008 (CIDRAP News) – A leak of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) virus at any of six proposed sites for a large federal laboratory to study foreign animal diseases could cost billions of dollars, according to a recent report by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The document says DHS examined the potential for accidental or intentional release of a pathogen from the lab and the potential that the pathogen would spread from each site. “The evaluation considered the accident scenarios with and without measures to prevent and contain a release,” it says. “The results indicate that for all sites the risk was none to low for all accident scenarios except an over-pressure fire, where an explosion would occur due to the buildup of a large amount of gas or flammable chemical in an enclosed area. The risk was moderate for all sites.” Risk for foreign bans on US meatFMD is a highly contagious livestock disease that devastated the British cattle industry in 2001. DHS estimates the economic hit from an FMD virus leak at the proposed sites as follows: Plum Island, $2.8 billion; Georgia, $3.35 billion; Mississippi, $3.4 billion; North Carolina, $3.5 billion; Texas, $4.1 billion; and Kansas, $4.2 billion. For each site except Plum Island, the estimated loss from foreign bans on US meat amounts to $3.1 billion; for Plum Island the corresponding estimate is $2.7 billion. In-depth environmental impact statementDHS released a lengthy environmental impact statement on the proposed National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) on Jun 20. The new lab would replace the Plum Island lab and would host research on the most dangerous foreign animal and zoonotic diseases, those requiring biosafety level (BSL) 3 and 4 containment. See also: The Plum Island lab is the only US facility that can handle the FMD virus, but it is too small for current research needs and has an outdated structure that is unsuitable for BSL-4 research, according to DHS. Currently the nation has no lab capable of doing BSL-4 studies on livestock. DHS is taking comments on the report for 60 days and plans to hold a public meeting near each of the proposed sites later this summer, according to the news release. A final environmental impact statement is expected in late fall, and a decision on whether and where to build the NBAF is expected a month or more after the final report is issued. DHS general description of the NBAFhttp://www.dhs.gov/files/labs/editorial_0762.shtm For all sites except Plum Island, the overall “risk rank” related to such a fire was classified as moderate “because of the potential easy spread of a disease through livestock or wildlife,” the report states. The risk for Plum Island was “low or none due to the low likelihood of any disease getting off of the island.” “The proposed NBAF would enable us to meet the challenges posed by the intentional or unintentional introduction of a foreign animal or zoonotic disease that could threaten the US livestock industry, food supply, and public health,” said Jay Cohen, DHS under secretary for science and technology, in a news release about the report. Final decision months awayA Jun 21 Washington Post report, however, said the selection of Plum Island as the site is considered unlikely because the government “spent considerable time and money scouting new locations and because of financial concerns about operating from a location accessible only by ferry or helicopter.”
‘Grave situation’ “Make no mistake, it’s a really grave situation,” he said on ABC’s “This Week.””This is the biggest negative shock that our economy, I think, has ever seen. We’re going to be looking at an unemployment rate that approaches rates that we saw during the Great Depression.”Hassett said debt levels have reached a point where “it can be a long-term negative for growth,” and should be dealt with along with short-term stimulus in the next phase of legislative action.”Again, you have to understand that this is an unprecedented shock to the economy, that we’re going to be looking at second-quarter negative GDP growth that’s probably north of minus 15, minus 20 percent.”It’s the biggest negative shock that we’ve seen since the Second World War, and with that kind of emergency, the good news is we’ve got this bipartisan action, this build-a-bridge-to-the-other-side, but there’s still going to be a heck of a lot of other problems that pop up.” US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin insisted Sunday the US economy will come roaring back even amid warnings from another White House adviser of longer-term impacts of the coronavirus pandemic’s unprecedented shock to the economy.Mnuchin’s upbeat assessment came amid skyrocketing unemployment figures and forecasts predicting a deep contraction in economic activity this year.In an interview with “Fox News Sunday,” Mnuchin defended the soaring deficit spending as key to reviving the economy, even amid rising signs of Republican pushback in Congress. In a related aside, he said the administration was considering loans to troubled energy companies, but insisted there would be no shareholder bailouts.”I think as we begin to reopen the economy in May and June you’re going to see the economy really bounce back in July, August, September,” he said.”And we are putting in an unprecedented amount of fiscal relief into the economy. You’re seeing trillions of dollars that’s making its way into the economy, and I think this is going to have a significant impact.”Congress this week passed a new $483 billion economic relief bill, adding to the massive $2.2 trillion emergency package passed in mid-March. Another big package, this one for struggling state and local governments, is under discussion.But resistance to more spending appears to be growing among some Republicans, exemplified by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s suggestion this week that it would be preferable for states to file for bankruptcy.McConnell’s comments were angrily denounced by Democratic and some Republican governors, and have so far not been echoed by the White House.”As I’ve said, this is a war. We’ll win this war,” Mnuchin said. “If we need to spend more money we will, and we’ll only do it with bipartisan support.”The secretary brushed off concerns that the national debt is expected to exceed GDP this year.”We’re going to need to look at, over time, how we deal with that issue,” he said. “But right now we’re in a war and we have to protect American workers and American business. And we’re going to do whatever we need to take to do that.”White House economic adviser Kevin Hassett, however, warned in a separate television appearance that the impact of the pandemic has been so severe, with some 26 million people filing for unemployment benefits so far, that it could have long-term effects. Topics :
Ethiopia have been docked three points in the 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign after fielding suspended midfielder Manyahile Beyene against Botswana last month, FIFA said on Monday.“The match is declared to be forfeited and awarded 3-0 in favour ofBotswana,” world football’s governing body said in a statement, adding that the Ethiopian Football Federation had also been fined 6,000 Swiss francs (4,880 euros, $6,345).FIFA said the sanction related to Ethiopia’s decision to play Beyene in their June 8 match away to Botswana.Beyene had received an automatic one-match suspension after picking upcautions in Ethiopia’s Group A games away to South Africa and at home against Botswana. Ethiopia admitted the offence last month.Despite being docked three points, Ethiopia’s hopes of earning a berth at next year’s World Cup finals in Brazil will remain alive, as they still lead South Africa by two points and Botswana by three with an away fixture against the Central African Republic to come.But the ruling is good news for eliminated Group A rivals South Africa and Botswana, who are back in contention for first place and a ticket to the five-tie African play-offs.