Following the separation announcement, Samodanova shared a cryptic post to Instagram that read: “I don’t hate you. I’m just disappointed you turned into everything you said you’d never be.”Throughout their now-strained marriage, Savchenko and Samodanova both led busy lives juggling parenthood alongside their careers. In 2017, the Gleb Collection designer shared how finding balance had benefitted their relationship.“We’ve danced together for more than 10 years and we’ve been married more than 10 years, so we learn how to separate work and home,” he told Entertainment Tonight at the time. “At work, [it’s] just a business. So, I’m very demanding. I ask a lot from her, she asks a lot from me, but when we’re at home, we are just happy [a] husband and wife who love each other.”- Advertisement – Dancing With the Stars fans are already quite familiar with who Gleb Savchenko is, but they may not be as well acquainted with his longtime wife, Elena Samodanova.Savchenko, 37, and Samodanova, 36, have been married since 2006. Together, the Russia natives share daughters, Olivia, 10, and Zlata, 3.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Savchenko added, “We just enjoy each other’s company. That’s the secret, I think, and it’s been really successful so far.”Scroll through the gallery below to learn more about Samodanova. After being married for more than a decade, Us Weekly confirmed on November 6 that the couple have chosen to separate. “It is with a heavy heart that I tell you my wife and I are parting ways after 14 years of marriage,” he said in a statement to Us. “We still intend to coparent our wonderful children together who we love so dearly, and we will strive to continue to be the best parents that we can to them. We ask that you respect our family’s need for privacy and healing during this time.”The Dancing With the Stars pro also confirmed the upsetting news via Instagram, for which he shared the same statement and a photo of the now-estranged couple with their two daughters. Samodanova, for her part, addressed the breakup in her Instagram Story by noting that their “road is coming to an end.”- Advertisement –
Juan Mata inspired Manchester United to a 4-0 victory at Newcastle which took them into the Barclays Premier League’s top six. The win was not without controversy, with referee Kevin Friend – the official who had to deal with Alan Pardew’s head-butt on Hull’s David Meyler – coming under fire for awarding the free-kick from which Mata gave United a first-half lead. However, there were no complaints thereafter as Mata extended the lead five minutes after the break and further strikes from Javier Hernandez and substitute Adnan Januzaj wrapped up the victory. The defeat was Newcastle’s fourth in five league games, a run which has seen them score just one goal, and in truth there was little prospect of them completing a first league double over United since 1931 from the moment that Mata struck. There was an end-of-season feel about the game before kick-off, with Moyes keeping one eye on Munich and opposite number Pardew missing five of the men who started the 1-0 win at Old Trafford in December. As a result, there was inevitably a makeshift look about both sides with United patient in their build-up, in which a deep-sitting Marouane Fellaini figured prominently, as they tried to find space for Hernandez and Mata. Newcastle’s approach was more direct with Davide Santon, lining up at right-back rather than on the left, making life difficult for Patrice Evra to supply a series of dangerous crosses. It was he who produced the second-minute ball from which Dan Gosling, making his first Barclays Premier League start for the Magpies since December 2011, headed just wide, and he who picked out striker Papiss Cisse to force a fine 24th-minute save from Anders Lindegaard with a glancing header. But, too often, the home side squandered possession in promising positions to let the visitors off the hook. The 25-year-old Spaniard struck twice to take his tally to three goals in his last two games and pay off another slice of his £37.1million transfer fee. On a day when manager David Moyes was without the injured Wayne Rooney, and decided to make eight changes to the side which drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich in midweek ahead of Wednesday night’s return leg, United ran out deserved winners as the Magpies’ early promise dissolved. Moyes’ men lost winger Ashley Young with a dislocated finger after just 18 minutes and home keeper Rob Elliot had little to do for much of the first half. However, the game turned six minutes before the break and it did so in controversial circumstances. Gosling was furious to be penalised for a trip on Darren Fletcher on the edge of the box, but as the home fans made their feelings known to Friend, Mata stepped up to curl a delicious left-foot free-kick high into the top corner with Elliot powerless to resist. The game could have been effectively over in the final minute of the half when, after Friend had allowed play to continue with central defender Mike Williamson appealing for a foul by Hernandez, the Mexican ran on to Shinji Kagawa’s through-ball to shoot past Elliot, only to see the ball come back off the foot of the post. However, any hopes of a fightback were dealt a fatal blow within five minutes of the restart and this time Newcastle had no-one to blame but themselves. Skipper Fabricio Coloccini’s ambitious attempt to chest a long ball to full-back Massadio Haidara fell short and Kagawa stole in to pick out Hernandez’s run. The striker fed Mata inside the box and he cleverly side-stepped Coloccini’s desperate lunge before slotting calmly into the bottom corner. Hernandez might have made it 3-0 with a snapshot which flew over on the hour, and it was then that the Magpies opted for change with Hatem Ben Arfa replacing the ineffectual Luuk De Jong. But Hernandez made amends with 25 minutes remaining when he slid home from close range after Januzaj and Kagawa teamed up to play him in. Lindegaard had to turn away Cisse’s curling 71st-minute effort and then produced a remarkable stop to deny the same man from just six yards before Mata set up Januzaj to complete the rout with an audacious back-heeled pass. Press Association
A spokesperson for Governor Ron DeSantis says the governor is returning a political contribution he received from two Soviet-born businessmen who are now accused of funneling foreign cash into U.S. elections for personal and business purposes.According to reports, South Florida residents Alex Parnas and Igor Fruman donated $50,000 to the Friends of Ron DeSantis political committee on June 21 of last year, through a company called Global Energy Producers.DeSantis spokeswoman Helen Ferré says, “The allegations regarding Global Energy Producers to the Governor’s affiliated political action committee in 2018 is troubling. Therefore, Governor DeSantis is directing the political action committee to return the money to the federal government.” She added that DeSantis had not met with pair, and the donation was made the day before President Trump endorsed DeSantis.She adds, “These individuals have not had any state business or meetings with the governor. Of course, the governor does not condone any illegal activities.”Prosecutors are accusing Parnas and Fruman of scheming to circumvent campaign finance law in order to influence state and federal candidates.Campaign finance records also show these contributions from Fruman.-$25,000 to Florida Grown, which is a political action committee affiliated with Republican gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam, on June 26, 2018.-$20,400 to Senator Rick Scott’s campaign in May 2018, and $2,400 to Republican Congressman Brian Mast between March and June of last year.Mast’s spokesman, Brad Stewart, says he will also return the money he received to either charity or the treasury. He adds, “Until today, we had no idea who he was,” in reference to Fruman.Global Energy Producers is included in a federal indictment against Parnas and Fruman because the group reportedly contributed to a Trump-aligned political committee. Records show they used wire transfers from their corporate entity to donate $325,000 to the pro-President Donald Trump America First Action committee last year.Parnas and Fruman were arrested on Wednesday night at Dulles International Airport in Virginia, while they were attempting to leave the country with one-way tickets. They are facing charges including conspiracy, making false statements to the Federal Election Commission and falsification of records.The indictment claims the men made political contributions “for the purpose of gaining influence with politicians so as to advance their own personal financial interests and the political interests of Ukrainian government officials, including at least one Ukrainian government official with whom they were working.” It also accuses them of “engaging in a scheme to funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and state office.”As associates of President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, Parnas and Fruman are also believed to have played a key role in Giuliani’s alleged efforts to get Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter.The Florida Democratic Party is asking DeSantis to donate the money from Parnas and Fruman to charity.A lawyer for Parnas and Fruman, John Dowd, says his clients do not plan to appear before House committees investigating President Trump.