DOE told to find other oil sources after Saudi attacks

DOE told to find other oil sources after Saudi attacks

first_img Presidential spokesperson Salvador Panelo said in a media briefing that Duterte’s order was to cushion the impact of rising oil prices following drone attacks on government-run oil facilities in Saudi Arabia last week. He also said that President Duterte will review the proposal of the DOE to issue an executive order to form an Oil Contingency Task Force. Majority of oil companies have increased prices of their fuel products for the second week in a row on Tuesday morning due to supply issues but Saudi Arabia has assured that the situation will normalize soon. Seaoil, Petro Gazz, PTT Philippines, Petron Corporation and Flying V already hiked their respective gasoline products by P2.35 per liter and diesel by P1.80 per liter. Petron, Seaoil, and Flying V have also increased their kerosene by P1.75 per liter./PN Workers repair a damaged refining tower at Saudi Aramco’s Abqaiq crude oil processing plant following a drone attack in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia last week. Petron Corporation and Flying V already hiked their respective gasoline products by P2.35 per liter and diesel by P1.80 per liter. Petron, Seaoil, and Flying V have also increased their kerosene by P1.75 per liter./PN “We will wait for their request, and the Palace, the Office of the President will study it,” Panelo added. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has tasked the Department of Energy (DOE) and other concerned agencies to look for other sources of oil following the recent drone-and-missile strike on Saudi Arabia’s major oil sites. “Sabi ni Presidente, inatasan na niya iyong mga involved na agencies na maghanap ng ibang mga sources ng oil para manatili iyong ating supply,” Panelo said. “In other words, hindi tayo magre-rely doon (Saudi Arabia).last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *