香草419论坛

10 months agoNapoli legend Diego Maradona tells fans he’s fine

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Napoli legend Diego Maradona tells fans he’s fineby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNapoli legend Diego Maradona has told fans he’s fine after a health scare.A routine check-up showed blood in his stomach last week.However, he was sent home a few hours later and spoke to supporters via social media.“I want to thank you for the messages of encouragement. I’m fine and sorry to have worried you for no reason.“I wish to reassure you that there’s nothing serious, I am fine. Today I am taking care of my grandchildren Benja, Dieguito Matias and my son Diego Fernando.“A kiss to you all.” last_img read more

a month agoWolves boss Nuno pleased with victory over Watford

first_imgWolves boss Nuno pleased with victory over Watfordby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves boss Nuno was pleased for his players and supporters after they ended their wait for three Premier League points against Watford.Matt Doherty’s opener was added to by Daryl Janmaat’s own goal after the break, which saw Wolves pick up three points and rise up the table. Nuno said, “It was a good performance. First-half we began very well, creating a lot of problems, good in possession, with good lines and I’m happy for that. We did a very good game.“We organised defensively well, we didn’t allow many situations for Watford, they didn’t create much and we had clear chances to score.“I’m happy for the boys and I’m happy for the fans because it was important, everybody felt that, but we have to grow.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

4 days agoArsenal, Everton target Unai Nunez drops agent

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Arsenal, Everton target Unai Nunez drops agentby Paul Vegas4 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveUnai Nunez is edging closer to leaving Athletic Bilbao.The Athletic Bilbao defender was linked with Everton and Arsenal last week.AS the Spain international, who is currently out of favour at Bilbao, wants to leave the club in January and has taken the step of changing agents.Nunez is leaving agent Felix Tainta to be represented by the Leaderbrock Sports agency in Valencia.A move inside LaLiga is also being considered. last_img read more

Foes of Enbridge Line 3 pipeline file appeals in Minnesota

first_imgMINNEAPOLIS — Opponents of Enbridge Energy’s plan to replace its aging Line 3 crude oil pipeline across northern Minnesota have filed appeals to challenge the state Public Utilities Commission’s approval of the project.Environmental and tribal groups filed initial notices Wednesday with the Minnesota Court of Appeals against the commission’s decision to grant a certificate of need for the project.Filing a joint appeal were the Red Lake and White Earth Ojibwe tribes, Honor the Earth and the Sierra Club. Also filing was Friends of the Headwaters. Planning to file Thursday are the Youth Climate Intervenors, a group of teens and 20-somethings with official status in the proceedings.Canada-based Enbridge says Line 3 is the most-studied pipeline project in Minnesota history, and that it believes the courts will reaffirm the PUC’s decisions.Steve Karnowski, The Associated Presslast_img read more

Balbir Singh Jakhar AAP’s 7th LS poll candidate, to fight from West Delhi seat

first_imgNew Delhi: The AAP Sunday declared its last candidate in Delhi for the Lok Sabha polls, with a senior leader saying the announcement was made seeing the Congress’s “irresponsible and indecisive” attitude towards an alliance here. Balbir Singh Jakhar will be the Aam Aadmi Party’s candidate for the West Delhi parliamentary seat. Names of candidates for the other six seats was announced by the party on March 2. Elections to the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi will be held on May 12.The results will be declared with the rest of the country on May 23. Also Read – Gurdwara Bangla Sahib bans single use plastic Delhi minister and AAP leader Gopal Rai said the party has waited long enough for an alliance with the Congress but seeing the “irresponsible and indecisive” attitude of the grand old party, the AAP has decided to declare the name of its seventh candidate. He announced the name of Jakhar at a press conference here. “The AAP has declared all its seven candidates. We waited for long that all parties would join hands to beat the government but the way the Congress is behaving, irresponsibly, and has been indecisive for the past three months, the AAP has decided to take its movement (for full statehood for Delhi) forward,” Rai said. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder On Thursday, he had said the AAP will fight the Lok Sabha polls on the issue of full statehood and it is “late now” for talks on an alliance in Delhi. “The country is disappointed with the Congress and our internal survey shows seven per cent vote share of the Congress. People feel that the Congress is not serious about Delhi, so the AAP has launched a mega campaign. “The Congress is confused and every one is giving different statements,” Rai said. Sources said the AAP was in talks with the Congress over seat sharing but both the parties wanted to contest from the same seats due to which a they could not reach a consensus. Moreover, Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dikshit has not been in favour of an alliance with AAP but many leaders and workers in the Delhi Congress were in favour of an alliance. Announcing the name of Jakhar, Rai said he has been associated with the AAP since the Jan Lokpal Movement. He was the president of co-ordination committee All Delhi District Court Bar Association. The other six AAP candidates are Atishi from East Delhi, Guggan Singh from North-West Delhi, Raghav Chadha from South, Dilip Pandey from North-East, Pankaj Gupta from Chandni Chowk and Brijesh Goyal will contest from New Delhi seats.last_img read more

Canadian couple find lost ticket… turn into last-minute lottery millionaires

first_imgMontreal: A Quebec couple won 1 million Canadian dollar (USD750,000) in the lottery after finding a winning ticket that had been forgotten in a book for months, the province’s Loto-Quebec organization said Wednesday. Nicole Pedneault and Roger Larocque only realized last weekend that they had a winning ticket from an April 5, 2018 drawing. While looking through a book about Japan to help her grandson with a school project, Pedneault noticed something had fallen from the pages. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USIt was a lottery ticket the couple had bought for Valentine’s Day last year. “If my grandson hadn’t asked me to give him some things for his presentation, I wouldn’t have ever found the ticket,” Pedneault said. “The first thing I did when I found the ticket in the book was go look at the deadline for claiming winnings on the Loto-Quebec website,” she said. The ticket was still valid, but not for long — only until Friday. “It’s all just by chance that we found it at the last minute like that,” the winner said as she claimed her check.last_img read more

Vigyan Prasar to strengthen science outreach strategy

first_imgKolkata: In a fresh bid to popularise science among the masses, Vigyan Prasar – an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology, is all set to communicate with people in regional languages, a scientist said. Apart from English and Hindi, all publications and online content of Vigyan Prasar, will be available in regional languages also, the scentist said on Friday. “For greater outreach, Bengali, Tamil and Marathi languages have been selected initially,” Rintu Nath, the scientist of Vigyan Prasar said while speaking at the seminar on ‘Science communication, popularising and outreach in Bengali – the road ahead’. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Puja “We met about some 36 organisations (government and private) enaged in promoting science and technology in West Bengal. The work done by the organisations overlap at times since they work in silos,” he said. Vigyan Prasar has decided to act as a common platform in order to create a shared ecosystem by engaging all the organisations, and give a fillip to streamline communications already taking place through these forums, for better dissemination of information.last_img read more

Ohio State overpowers Michigan State advances to Big Ten tournament championship

CHICAGO-The quest for a Big Ten tournament championship lives on for Ohio State. After routing tenth-seeded Nebraska by 21 points Friday night, the No. 2-seeded Buckeyes (25-7) used a second-half surge to eliminate No. 3-seeded Michigan State, 61-58, at the United Center in Chicago. Like he did in a Feb. 24 win against the Spartans (25-8), junior guard Aaron Craft slashed and charged his way to the basket for 20 points-18 of which came in the game’s final 20 minutes. Junior forward Deshaun Thomas added 16 and sophomore forward LaQuinton Ross came off the bench and chipped in nine points on 2-of-3 shooting from behind the arc. It was Craft’s play, though, that ultimately guided the Buckeyes to their seventh straight win since a 22-point loss to Wisconsin on Feb. 17 in Madison, Wis. OSU coach Thad Matta said it’s a evidence of a team playing its best basketball at perhaps the best time. “I think that when we stay connected, both offensively and defensively, when we don’t panic, when things don’t go well-I think we can play with anybody in the country,” said Matta, who improved to 7-0 in Big Ten tournament semifinal games. “I mean, to win whatever we’ve won in a row right now in this league and some of the things we’ve had to do, I think that’s probably the thing that I’m most proud of. And we’re not done yet-I know that. But as I told them when our backs were against the wall, you’ve answered the call for a while here.” And, rather coincidentally-perhaps even bizarrely-OSU will play the Badgers Sunday for the conference’s tournament championship. But it might’ve not been that way if not for Craft. “He got his shot going, really. And when he gets his shot going, he’s impossible to stop,” said sophomore guard Shannon Scott. “He got to the middle, hit some jump shots, hit his threes. The defense couldn’t guard him after that.” But before that, the game’s first act unfolded in a manner fitting of a heavyweight bout featuring two teams ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll. OSU and MSU traded 3-point shots before Tom Izzo’s squad mobilized its attack away from the perimeter and closer to the basket. There, the Spartans, led by senior forward Derrick Nix, bullied sophomore center Amir Williams en-route to 20 points in the paint in the first half. Nix, who finished the day with 17 points, spent the period posting up Williams before rolling past him to lay the ball in overhead. The veteran’s ability to control the glass helped the Spartans withstand a half that saw the lead change six times by no more than six points. “They’re always a physical team for us,” Scott said. “They got a lot of big athletes, so we just know we got to match their physicality.” For some time, it appeared the Buckeyes would struggle to do that. While MSU found traction underneath the basket, OSU struggled to find a similar footing and opted to continue a 3-point barrage that connected 36 percent of the time. But without a solid presence in the paint, the Buckeyes struggled to do much of anything else, as Thad Matta’s crew shot just 34 percent from the floor-including a 4:26 scoring drought to end the first half. MSU headed into the game’s intermission with a 29-28 advantage, but it didn’t last long. Behind largely the play of Craft, the Buckeyes quickly rallied past their one-point deficit and flipped the script on the Spartans in the paint, tallying a 14-6 advantage in the second half. “I think we really focused on trying to keep them out of the paint, we knew they were going to try and go in there all game like the first two times we played them,” Scott said. “We made it a part of ourselves to keep (them) out of there.” On the other end of the floor, rather than sniping from afar at MSU’s veneer, OSU started started to attack it from within. “I think we just needed to have that better understanding of what’s a good three and what’s a three we can pass down to maybe get another pass and really try to find ways to get into the lane,” Craft said. “At times we have really good spacing that really opens up avenues and lanes for myself and others to drive in, and those are good threes, kind of outside looking in type threes, and knock down some pull-ups.” That blueprint Craft articulated after the game was nearly identical to the one executed about 30 minutes earlier. After a shaky outing in the first half, OSU finished the day shooting 42 percent and 29 percent from the 3-point line. Aside from their ability to outscore the Spartans in the paint in the second half, perhaps most notable was how the Buckeyes helped force 12 MSU turnovers while limiting their own miscues to five. And in a game that ultimately came down to clock’s last seconds, OSU outscored the Spartans in points off of turnovers, 11-0. At the 11:42 mark of the second half, the Buckeyes established a lead it would not surrender. But it didn’t stop the Spartans from trying to reach their second-straight Big Ten tournament championship game. After falling behind as many as eight points down the game’s stretch, MSU would cut the Buckeyes’ advantage to four thanks to a 3-pointer from Spartan junior guard Keith Appling with 2:52 to play. A minute later, Nix would complete a three-point play after being fouled on a layup to pull within one. On the ensuing possession, though, Nix was whistled for a flagrant foul on Craft. The junior guard made 1-of-2 free throws to extend the Buckeyes’ lead, 58-56. Still with the ball, a line-drive jumper from Thomas with 18 seconds to play would all but seal OSU’s second win against MSU this year. It’s why Scott said the Buckeyes have confidence in their leading scorer-even when he’s having what could be deemed an off day. “The thing about Deshaun is like he could miss two or three shots but we know-we trust him enough to make the next shot,” he said. Now, said junior guard Lenzelle Smith Jr., OSU’s attention turns to the team that last defeated it. “I’m kind of mad and pissed off that we lost like that at their home,” he said. “So now that we get another crack at them, it’s game on.” OSU is set to play Wisconsin for the Big Ten tournament championship Sunday at 3:30 p.m. at the United Center in Chicago. read more

Inter Milan announce new deals for six players

first_imgInter Milan announced that six players have been awarded contract extensions this weekAmong these Nerazzurri players are defender Miranda along with midfield duo Antonio Candreva and Marcelo Brozovic.Miranda, who formerly played for Atletico Madrid and recently hailed Cristiano Ronaldo as the world’s best player, has signed up for another two years at Inter.Meanwhile, Candreva has agreed to a three-year extension with Brozovic signing for a further four years at the San Siro.Rick Karsdorp, Roma, Serie AKarsdorp reveals he had too much stress at Roma Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The Dutch defender has been with the Gialorrossi since 2017, but he has not enjoyed his time in the Italian Lega Serie A.Inter also announced on their website that Dalbert, Roberto Gagliardini and Matias Vecino have also pledged their futures to them.Both Brozovic and Vecino have been selected as a starter by head coach Luciano Spalletti 13 times between them for Inter this season.Brozovic grabbed headlines this week for the way he famously thwarted Luis Suarez’s free-kick in Inter’s Champions League clash at Barcelona, which he now calls “The Crocodile Move”.The Nerazzurri will now turn their full focus to Monday’s trip to Lazio in the Serie A.last_img read more

Police searching for two woman involved in armed confrontation at 99 Cents

first_img Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Posted: January 4, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A shoplifting incident escalated into an armed confrontation last month at a San Diego discount store, and police Thursday sought the public’s help to locate two female suspects in the case, including one who allegedly held a gun to a store employee’s head before he tackled her and wrestled away the firearm.Police identified the suspects as 25-year-old Ariel Burrus and 22-year- old Irene Lee. The two were allegedly trying to steal several items on Dec. 13 from the Savers 99 Cents Store in the 4100 block of University Avenue when a store employee confronted them and blocked the store’s exit.The employee demanded that Lee show him what she was trying to steal, but both women were uncooperative, San Diego police robbery unit Lt. Eric Hays said.Burrus tried shoving her way past the employee, but was unsuccessful,” Hays said. “Burrus then pulled out a small caliber revolver from the back of her waistband and pointed it at the back of the employee’s head … cocked back the hammer and said `let us go.”’The employee instead turned and tackled Burrus to the ground while taking the revolver from her, Hays said. Lee tried kicking the employee while he tangled with Burrus on the ground, and the combative woman on the ground demanded the gun back, but the employee grasped the firearm until both women fled.Burrus allegedly told the employee that she would come back and kill him, Hays said.Lee is black, roughly 5 feet 8 and 130 pounds. Burrus is black, 5 feet 4, 140 pounds, with a shaved head.Investigators identified the two women from evidence left at the scene and asked anyone who knows their whereabouts to call the SDPD’s Robbery Unit at (619) 531-2299, San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477 or contact the agency online at sdcrimestoppers.org. Tipsters may remain anonymous and could be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. January 4, 2018center_img , Police searching for two woman involved in armed confrontation at 99 Cents Storelast_img