About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Napoli legend Diego Maradona tells fans he’s fineby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNapoli legend Diego Maradona has told fans he’s fine after a health scare.A routine check-up showed blood in his stomach last week.However, he was sent home a few hours later and spoke to supporters via social media.“I want to thank you for the messages of encouragement. I’m fine and sorry to have worried you for no reason.“I wish to reassure you that there’s nothing serious, I am fine. Today I am taking care of my grandchildren Benja, Dieguito Matias and my son Diego Fernando.“A kiss to you all.”
Wolves boss Nuno pleased with victory over Watfordby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves boss Nuno was pleased for his players and supporters after they ended their wait for three Premier League points against Watford.Matt Doherty’s opener was added to by Daryl Janmaat’s own goal after the break, which saw Wolves pick up three points and rise up the table. Nuno said, “It was a good performance. First-half we began very well, creating a lot of problems, good in possession, with good lines and I’m happy for that. We did a very good game.“We organised defensively well, we didn’t allow many situations for Watford, they didn’t create much and we had clear chances to score.“I’m happy for the boys and I’m happy for the fans because it was important, everybody felt that, but we have to grow.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
RB Salzburg manager Jesse Marsch: We go to Liverpool to winby Paul Vegas25 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveRB Salzburg manager Jesse Marsch says they’re going to Champions League opponents Liverpool to win.But Marsch is under no illusions of the challenges his side face when they meet the European Champions.”It is a terrible match-up for us in one sense because all the things we do well they are better at,” Marsch told The Times.”They like games to feel the same way that we like them to feel, so I think stylistically, it will be a big challenge for us but we will also make things difficult for them.”We will have to be incredibly good on the day at what we do. We are certainly going there to win.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Iowa State Court StormOn the same day they were voted No. 1 in both major polls ,Oklahoma suffered its second loss of the season, 82-77 at the hands of No. 19 Iowa State.And how did the fans in Ames celebrate the big victory? With a huge court storm, how else?Another No. 1 goes down, another court storm https://t.co/s9C2OvR5bO— David Gardner (@byDavidGardner) January 19, 2016Shout out to security. Great protection of OU in court Storm pic.twitter.com/vXv9ipdypT— Reid Forgrave (@ReidForgrave) January 19, 2016Storm that court! pic.twitter.com/4XTDIyoE8A— Anthony Samuelson (@ajsamuelson) January 19, 2016Storming the court when your team is also ranked? We’re not sure about that. But we do know one thing: the Big 12 is flat-out awesome this year. Every Big Monday game in the conference is must-see TV.
A total of $169.5 million has been allocated for the implementation of a Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction project, in the 2013/14 Estimates of Expenditure, now before the House of Representatives. With funding from the European Union, the project is being implemented by the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA), Environmental Management Division, and the Forestry Department. The overall objective of the programme is to increase resilience and reduce risk associated with hazards in vulnerable areas as adaptive measures to climate change, thereby contributing to the development of Jamaica. The money will go towards developing one database to monitor coastal ecosystems; replanting 7.04 hectares of mangroves within the three Marine Protected Areas (MPAs); establishing a coastal plants nursery at the Discovery Bay Marine Lab; preparing Management Plans for three MPAs; replanting 3,000 square metres of sea grass; installing two artificial reef systems in Negril and Old Harbour; and installing 30 Data loggers in four MPAs. It will also be used in rehabilitating 700 square metres of beach (Negril and Font Hill); distributing grants to promote alternative livelihood in five MPAs; establishing 56 hectares of forest plantation; rehabilitation of four nurseries; assessing 20,351 of 110,000 hectares of forested crown land; river protection infrastructure to minimize erosion and flooding; and development and implementation of a fire management programme. Some of the physical achievements to date include: 97 per cent of hectares of mangroves replanted; 23 mooring buoys installed in three MPAs – Palisadoes/Port Royal Cays (10), Negril (8), and Montego Bay (5); Memoranda of Understanding signed with five non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) for implementation of alternative livelihood programme within five MPAs (Negril, Montego Bay, Portland Bight, St. Thomas and Bluefields); 89,648 of 110,000 hectares of forested crown lands assessed; 455 hectares of land identified and surveyed for planting; and the hosting of local workshops on climate change adaptation in vulnerable communities. The project, which began in October 2010, is slated to end in December 2013. By Chris Patterson, JIS Reporter
APTN National NewsA report was released Monday highlighting the ongoing mercury problems in Grassy Narrows First Nation.The northern Ontario First Nation has been plagued by health issues as a result of mercury poising caused by a paper mill that contaminated the area’s waters.The report found that mercury levels continue to rise.APTN’s Delaney Windigo has this story.
New Delhi: The AAP Sunday declared its last candidate in Delhi for the Lok Sabha polls, with a senior leader saying the announcement was made seeing the Congress’s “irresponsible and indecisive” attitude towards an alliance here. Balbir Singh Jakhar will be the Aam Aadmi Party’s candidate for the West Delhi parliamentary seat. Names of candidates for the other six seats was announced by the party on March 2. Elections to the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi will be held on May 12.The results will be declared with the rest of the country on May 23. Also Read – Gurdwara Bangla Sahib bans single use plastic Delhi minister and AAP leader Gopal Rai said the party has waited long enough for an alliance with the Congress but seeing the “irresponsible and indecisive” attitude of the grand old party, the AAP has decided to declare the name of its seventh candidate. He announced the name of Jakhar at a press conference here. “The AAP has declared all its seven candidates. We waited for long that all parties would join hands to beat the government but the way the Congress is behaving, irresponsibly, and has been indecisive for the past three months, the AAP has decided to take its movement (for full statehood for Delhi) forward,” Rai said. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder On Thursday, he had said the AAP will fight the Lok Sabha polls on the issue of full statehood and it is “late now” for talks on an alliance in Delhi. “The country is disappointed with the Congress and our internal survey shows seven per cent vote share of the Congress. People feel that the Congress is not serious about Delhi, so the AAP has launched a mega campaign. “The Congress is confused and every one is giving different statements,” Rai said. Sources said the AAP was in talks with the Congress over seat sharing but both the parties wanted to contest from the same seats due to which a they could not reach a consensus. Moreover, Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dikshit has not been in favour of an alliance with AAP but many leaders and workers in the Delhi Congress were in favour of an alliance. Announcing the name of Jakhar, Rai said he has been associated with the AAP since the Jan Lokpal Movement. He was the president of co-ordination committee All Delhi District Court Bar Association. The other six AAP candidates are Atishi from East Delhi, Guggan Singh from North-West Delhi, Raghav Chadha from South, Dilip Pandey from North-East, Pankaj Gupta from Chandni Chowk and Brijesh Goyal will contest from New Delhi seats.
Montreal: A Quebec couple won 1 million Canadian dollar (USD750,000) in the lottery after finding a winning ticket that had been forgotten in a book for months, the province’s Loto-Quebec organization said Wednesday. Nicole Pedneault and Roger Larocque only realized last weekend that they had a winning ticket from an April 5, 2018 drawing. While looking through a book about Japan to help her grandson with a school project, Pedneault noticed something had fallen from the pages. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USIt was a lottery ticket the couple had bought for Valentine’s Day last year. “If my grandson hadn’t asked me to give him some things for his presentation, I wouldn’t have ever found the ticket,” Pedneault said. “The first thing I did when I found the ticket in the book was go look at the deadline for claiming winnings on the Loto-Quebec website,” she said. The ticket was still valid, but not for long — only until Friday. “It’s all just by chance that we found it at the last minute like that,” the winner said as she claimed her check.
In a game the Ohio State men’s soccer coach John Bluem said was embarrassing, the Buckeyes fell to Northwestern, 3-2, for their first conference loss of the year. After falling behind 3-0 with 32 minutes to play, the Buckeyes scored two goals in the final 16 minutes of the game. Junior forward Chris Hegngi scored on a penalty kick in the 74th minute, and added his second goal of the game in the 82nd minute off a crossing pass by sophomore forward Omar Vallejo. OSU had chances late to tie the game, but the Northwestern defense came up with the stops they needed to preserve the win. While OSU head coach John Bluem said he was happy to see his team rally late and score twice, he was not pleased with his team’s overall performance. “We were thoroughly outplayed today,” he said. “(Northwestern) just embarrassed us. That was one of the worst performances by an Ohio State team in my 15 years here.” The three goals scored by Northwestern tie a season high in points given up by the Buckeyes. Northwestern’s first goal came off a corner kick in the 35th minute. Sophomore forward Reed Losee received the ball to the left of the goal, headed it to junior midfielder Chris Ritter, who headed the ball past OSU’s junior goalie Matt Lampson. The Wildcats scored again in the 47th minute when senior forward Oliver Kupe took a cross from junior midfielder Kyle Schickel and headed it into the back of the net. Schickel scored their third goal in the 57th minute. The Buckeyes had multiple scoring opportunities throughout the game, but failed to finish. Hegngi had six shots, including two-in-a-row inside the Northwestern box that were blocked by Wildcats’ freshman goalie Tyler Miller in the 53rd minute. Hegngi said the Buckeyes left a couple goals on the field. “We know, especially with teams that work hard like Northwestern, we have to capitalize on our opportunities, and we failed to do so at the beginning of the game and the end of the second half,” he said. Chris Hegngi’s brother, senior midfielder Parnell Hegngi, also had a missed scoring opportunity. In the 14th minute, Parnell Hegngi broke free and got the ball to the top of Northwestern’s box and fired a shot, but it missed wide to the right. The loss was the first for the Buckeyes in Big Ten play this season. Senior defender David Tiemstra said the Buckeyes need to be better mentally in order to regain the momentum OSU built up during their first two Big Ten wins. “We really didn’t come out today with the intensity you need in Big Ten play,” he said. “It really let us down today.” Chris Hegngi is confident the loss won’t affect his team’s play going forward. “I don’t think we’ll lose any momentum. (Northwestern is) a good team and they had a good result today,” he said. “But as soon as the game is over, we forget about it and go back to working towards the Big Ten Championship,” The Buckeyes (7-5-1, 2-1) will travel to Indiana to play Valparaiso University (5-5-2) Oct. 16, before returning to Big Ten play to face Penn State Oct. 23 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium at 2 p.m.
England national team head coach believes the next set of international games are very crucial to the country as they find themselves in a bit of a rut.The Three Lions’ are in midst of a three-match losing streak for the first time since 1988 following the loss to Spain and World Cup defeats in the third-place play-off to Belgium and semi-final to Croatia.And are expected to make wholesale changes for the friendly against Switzerland on Tuesday, but face a doubleheader next month away to Croatia and Spain in the Nations League.Southgate says the next three months will be an “exceptional challenge” and “will tell us exactly where we stand”. The former England defender is yet to extend his contract beyond Euro 2020,“Well, first and foremost, I am 100 per cent focused on this job, nothing else,” he said, as quoted by Sky Sports.“I am under contract, I have two years.”Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.“You know that leads to a European Championship, which we have games at Wembley, which is going to be a brilliant experience. That is my pure focus.”“I know absolutely what comes with the job so anything that suggests there’s a problem with what surrounds the job, and the focus and attention of it, absolutely no problem at all.”“I want to be in games that matter.”“I believe I’ve been through an experience that is as pressured as you’re ever going to face at any club or international team in getting through a World Cup, so I’m totally comfortable with that, and what’s beyond that is to be decided.”“For me, I’m under contract, I’m enjoying the role, I love the challenge of it and that’s it really.”